Green Meadow’s latest Ofsted inspection was on the 27th and 28th September 2023. We are all delighted with the 'Good' Ofsted grade and the gradings for each of the individual aspects of the inspection as we feel it encapsulates all of the progress we have made as a school since the previous inspection and it highlights all of the things that truly stand out at Green Meadow.
Overall effectiveness - Good
The quality of education - Good
Behaviour and attitudes - Outstanding
Personal development - Outstanding
Leadership and management - Outstanding
Early years provision - Outstanding
The inspection team highlighted the many positive features of the school in the report:
• The atmosphere in school is supportive, friendly and welcoming of all.
• As the school vision states, pupils are indeed ready, respectful and safe. They love learning and always show positive attitudes towards everything they are asked to do.
• Pupils achieve well and are proud and excited to talk about their learning.
• Pupils behave well and treat one another kindly. There are clear rules and high expectations of everyone.
• The school, with support from the trust, has put in place an ambitious, broad and successful curriculum.
• Teachers encourage and intentionally teach all pupils to communicate effectively in speech. This is consistent across the school and is highly effective.
• Pupils share their ideas and opinions clearly, and this helps deepen learning.
• Teachers successfully modify and adapt learning so that all pupils, including pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities, can access the whole curriculum.
• Children get off to a good start learning to read. Throughout school, if pupils fall behind with their reading, adults help them to catch up.
• In the early years, children settle quickly into routines. The curriculum is ambitious and well structured. Teachers know the children well and adjust activities to provide exactly what they need.
• The school and the trust engage successfully with parents. Parents feel informed and valued. Parents visit school regularly to celebrate their children’s accomplishments and find out how to support learning.
• Pupils develop an excellent knowledge of personal, social and health education. They are learning to become active citizens who are tolerant, empathic and sensitive to differences and diversity. They are being very well prepared for life in modern Britain.
• The curriculum extends well beyond the academic. Pupils get a range of wider experiences. The school carefully selects opportunities that help widen pupils’ personal development.
• Leaders at all levels share a highly ambitious vision for this school. They have high expectations and a passion to provide the absolute best for every single pupil. They put their plans into action, enabling the school to go from strength to strength.
You can read both the full report below:
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.